Decorating your home on the outside is just as crucial as keeping things together on the inside. With warm weather comes an opportunity to create out-door spaces that will expand the square footage of your home, at least temporarily.
The following are common items that should be checked all spring and summer long.
- Check for chipped paint on exterior of your home.
- Does concrete need a face lift?
- Clean and repair outdoor furniture.
- Replace umbrellas and pillows now while selections are still good.
- Clean out old foliage and get pots ready for planting new flowers and shrubs.
- Scrub your fountains and plug them in to keep the mosquitoes at bay.
- Power wash your patio and if needed apply a fresh coat of stain.
- Check slates on fences and make sure you don’t have any rotten wood.
- Trim shrubs and tress away from the house and outdoor grills.
- Lay sod and get rid of muddy patches in your yard.
- Replace bulbs and check all your outside door lighting.
Spring is just around the corner. Take pride in creating an outdoor space that reflects the interior of your house.