Edmond Memorial High School is located on 15th Street between Boulevard and Bryant in east Edmond, Oklahoma. It is one of three high schools in the Edmond school district. It serves approximately 2,000 students. The school was originally named Edmond High School because it was the only secondary school within the city limits. The first class graduated in 1922, and consisted of 24 students. As Edmond grew, the school changed location several times, moving to its current location on 15th Street in the mid-1960s. The current building was built in 1966 as a seventh grade only school. It opened to its first class of seventh graders the second semester of the 66-67 school year. At that point, Edmond High School was located at the corner of Ninth Street and Rankin. It housed all sophomores, juniors and seniors in Edmond. That building is now called Central Middle School and houses sixth, seventh and eighth graders from several elementary schools on the east side of Edmond. Also, it has lost its original, distinctive E shape due to new additions.
In 1975, the name of the school was changed to Edmond Memorial High School to honor six alumni who were killed while serving in Vietnam: Floyd Frazier, Jr., Allen Garrett, James Johnson, James Leonard, Danny Shores, and John Wilson. Because of its rapidly increasing size, in 1994 the school split into three, now rival schools, including Edmond North High School and Edmond Santa Fe High School.