You don’t need a big budget to update your home for a faster sell. There are a number of relatively minor updates you can do yourself that will have a big impact when it comes time to sell your home. Interior designer Carriann Johnson talks about seemingly small (and inexpensive) projects that have a big impact on your home’s appeal.
- Create a strong first impression by painting or replacing your front door.
- Reface or paint worn kitchen cabinets rather than replacing.
- Update the hardware on your kitchen cabinets and bathrooms help freshen up and modernize the look.
- Add a fresh coat of neutral color paint to brighten up a room.
- Clean out your closets and show the storage possibilities. Clutter makes a closet look smaller.
- Add style to your home by updating faucets and lighting fixtures.
All it takes is a little work and a small budget to have a major impact on the “sellability” of your home.