The Edmond Economic Development Authority recently released the 2015 Edmond Economic Abstract. It is a look forward to the expected economic growth in Edmond and central Oklahoma, including the Oklahoma City metro area. There are some great tidbits of information in this report that can help you in your home buying decision such as:
- Estimated 2014 population of Edmond – 84,757
- Estimated 2014 population of OKC metro area – 1,293,168
- Traffic counts of various Edmond intersections. Busiest intersection? 33rd and Broadway.
- Edmond has the lowest crime rate in the OKC metro area
- Median age – 34.9 years old
- Unemployment rate – 3.5%
- Largest employer – Edmond Public Schools
- Total number of homes sold – 4,208 (no Kay didn’t sell ALL those homes!)
You can download a copy by clicking the picture below or go to the Edmond Economic Development Authority‘s web site for more information.