Looking for a new home can be an emotional time. It is exciting to visit a variety of homes to find one that fits your lifestyle and budget. Yet it can also be a stressful time for inexperienced buyers. In my experience, the more familiar a buyer is with the home buying process, the less stressful and more enjoyable the experience will be.
I have put together a few tips on buying a home here in central Oklahoma. Click the links below to learn about each phase of the home buying process.
Finding a Home in Central Oklahoma
- Searching for Homes on MLS
- Where do You Want to Live?
- Search by School District
- Going on Home Showings
- Buying New Construction
- Buying Foreclosure or Fixer-Upper
- Buying a FSBO (for sale by owner)
- How to Value a House
Buying A Home in Central Oklahoma
- Negotiation Strategies
- Understanding the Home Buying Contracts
- Home Warranties
- Home Inspections
- Making an Offer
- How Appraisals Work
Closing on your New Home
- What Happens at Closing?
- Title Insurance
- Home Buyer’s Closing Costs
- Homeowner’s Insurance
- How Escrow Works
- Deciphering the ALTA Buyer Net Statement
- Moving In
You can also download this PDF version of the Oklahoma Home Buyer Guide or request a free copy mailed to you.